Focus 10 Life® Case Study – Medical Group
- Medical Group needed $1,000,000 of life insurance on each of 6 owner-doctors to fund a Stock Redemption Plan.
- Interested in streamlined underwriting.
- Medical Group employed over 60 others.
Recommended Focus 10 Life® Plan Design:
This plan design met all Simplified Issue Guidelines and readily secured approval to be implemented
- Owners secured $1,000,000 policy to fund the Stock Redemption Plan.
- The employees received a new employer-provided life benefit.
- Everyone secured a 10 year, guaranteed level premium individual term life policy.
- Readily portable at termination
- Convertible to permanent insurance to continue coverage beyond 10 years on a cost effective basis
- Premium for Owners’ policies represented 63% of the total Focus 10 Plan premium.
- Focus 10 annualized premium: approximately $35,000
Focus 10 Life level term life insurance (Form 3011) and (Form 3011 F10 FL) are issued by Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. in most states. In New York, Focus 10 Life (Form 5011) is issued by Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. of New York.
FOCUS 10 LIFE®, INC. is an independent third-party administrator and is not affiliated with Ameritas®.
This case study is designed to provide accurate and authoritative information. Neither FOCUS 10 LIFE, INC., nor Ameritas® intend to, or are engaged in, rendering legal, accounting, or tax advice. If tax or other legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
The accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed. Laws and regulations change frequently, and are subject to differing legal interpretations. Neither the presenter, FOCUS 10 LIFE®, INC., nor Ameritas® shall be liable for any loss or damage caused, or alleged to have been caused, by the use of or reliance upon this presentation.
This information is provided by Ameritas®, which is a marketing name for subsidiaries of Ameritas Mutual Holding Company, including, but not limited to, Ameritas Life Insurance Corp., Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. of New York and Ameritas Investment Corp., member FINRA/SIPC. Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. is not licensed in New York. Each company is solely responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations. For more information about Ameritas®, visit ameritas.com.
Ameritas® and the bison design are registered service marks of Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Fulfilling life® is a registered service mark of Ameritas Holding Company.
©2013 Ameritas Mutual Holding Company