About the Focus 10 Life® Insurance Plan
Focus 10 Life® is an employer paid, Simplified Issue, 10 Year Level Premium, individual term life insurance plan. It is designed for employees in “white-collar” occupations. FOCUS 10 LIFE, Inc., administers the program on behalf of Ameritas.
Focus 10 Life® is always employer paid and coverage is not voluntary. The employer decides who is covered (by class or salary level), and the benefit amounts.
All employees in an eligible class must be covered. In addition to fringe benefit, Focus 10 Life® may also be used for Buy-Sell funding and Key Person Protection.
Can your clients answer “Yes” to this question?
“Have you been actively at work on a full-time basis, performing your normal duties for at least 30 hours per week for the past 3 months with no absences totaling 5 or more consecutive days due to illness or accident?”
If so, they could qualify for as much as $1,500,000 of life insurance – depending on the Focus 10 Life® plan design and number of lives covered under the Focus 10 Life® plan.
Each insured is covered by an individual term life policy, featuring:
- Guaranteed Level Premiums for 10 Years
- No benefit reductions at older ages
- Readily portable upon termination
- Conversion to Permanent Insurance, without proving insurability.
Employers that currently provide group term life coverage should consider a Focus 10 Life® plan that can be used as a:
- Valuable addition to their life insurance program by “stacking” benefit amounts above existing levels
- Carve-out of key employees from an existing group plan.
Some Simplified Issue Guidelines:
- At least 20 lives (fewer lives will be considered) *
- Maximum benefit no more than $20,000 times # of covered lives, to $1.5 million *
- Maximum benefit can be no greater than 5X the average benefit *
- The benefit of one class is no more than 2.5 times the benefit of the class below it *
- The face-weighted average age of the group should be 50.00 or less *
- Maximum Issue Age – 70 at nearest birthday
*All cases must be approved by Ameritas®. If a case meets all guidelines, Ameritas® alone determines acceptability. If a case exceeds one or more guidelines, Ameritas® and its reinsurer will determine acceptability.
Some examples of "Exception Cases" that have been approved:
Don't let your Employer Clients miss out on Bigger & Better Life Benefits!
Let us design a quote today!
To request a quote, we just need a census, preferably in Excel.
In addition to Employer name and State, please include:
- Employee Name (not required)
- Date of Birth
- Tobacco status, if known. (If not, we will assume all are non-tobacco)
- Benefit Amount (or salary and benefit formula)
Please contact us with any questions!